Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park
NZ's premier motorsport and driver training facility
Taupo International Motorsport Park & Event Centre
Tony Quinn’s Keltic Motorsport has a longstanding and successful track record of founding, investing in, managing and growing world class motorsport circuits and entertainment facilities in New Zealand. Keltic Motorsport believes that a traditional “motorsport only” model for operating motorsport circuits is no longer sustainable. Accordingly, we have spent the last 8 years developing mixed model strategies to drive the commercial and community success of our existing two facilities (Hampton Downs and Highlands Motorsport Park).
Tony Quinn as the founder Keltic Motorsport is passionate about growing motorsport in New Zealand and has single handily made the greatest capital commitment to the sport in NZ in the last decade. Tony is Scottish born lives in Australia, but holds a New Zealand Citizenship and is proud of all things Kiwi.
Earlier this year the Tony Quinn Foundation was also launched with a $200,000 donation in year one to support young kiwi kids in the sport. The foundation also welcomed a select group of trustees who are aligned with the aims of the Foundation, including, Tony Quinn, Greg Murphy, Steve Horne, Josie Spillane and John Gordon.
So what is the plan for Taupo?
Four key strategies will drive the model at Taupo Motorsport Park, underpinned by much needed capital investment in the business:
- Promote at least two key Iconic events a year – including the Taupo Historic Grand Prix and a special motorbike festival.
- Initial discussions are underway with Supercars and other international categories
- Engage with the Taupo Car Club and foster a mutually beneficial relationship
- Provide Facilities for hire – enhance existing (and introduce new) product offerings – including options for enthusiasts, drifting, grass root competitors, and championship drivers and everything in between. The key to operating a successful track– is having it used.
- Motorsport Enthusiasts – track days for cars and bikes including grass roots level, leveraging the successful model at Hampton Downs – an affordable introduction to track experiences.
- Foster emerging NZ motor sport talent through, the Tony Quinn Foundation with Taupo being an integral component of the Foundation’s activities.
- Driver Training – including developing regular programmes with Downforce, Track Time, and NZ Police.
- We intend for a new go-kart facility to be constructed, attracting visitors to the circuit, and providing a first-class entertainment asset the local community can be proud of
- Develop innovative products to fit the conference and incentive travel market for Taupo
- A highly successful membership model underpins the current circuits of Hamptons and Highlands
- The GT membership at Taupo will launch in April 2022.
- A social license to operate is a critical key to success for any circuit.
- We will actively support the community we are part of, we seek to be a key contributor to the community through driving commercial successes and community initiatives.
The track record of Keltic speaks for itself. We are excited about the future, and we look forward to playing our role in the next chapter of the Taupo International Motorsport Park’s journey.
For more information contact
Call us on 07 376 5033